5.10.2010

League Relay Line-Ups and Athlete Goals


Ladies
Follett 5'4" Bacovcin 5'1" Grimm 4'10"

Gents
Reasoner 5'9" Bills 5'9" Brandes 5'6"


The end of this week holds the culminating event for many of our athletes. Some will move on to state, and some will end there track season. Whatever the end it has been a great season (I know I have had a lot of fun), and thank you for all your hard work.

If you haven't done so yet set your goals, write them down, and think about what it takes to ger there them. Many of us set our goals in terms of numbers (e.g. "I want to jump 6 feet" or "I want to run a sub 12.5sec 100m"). These goals are fine and good, but I would more define them as "missions". Goals should be more focused, such as (high jump specific) "I will run my best curve of the season", or "I will have my top speed when I reach my takeoff point", or "I will look off the back corner of the pad with my hips up", etc... These may not seem like traditional goals, but when you think about it these thoughts are what will get you to the numbers you've worked so hard to achieve.

Nack