6.20.2010

Post from Tucson

Me and "Champ", my friends 190lb Bandog prepping to bite my face

Down here in sunny (very sunny) Tucson, Arizona. Came down here to see my good friend Charlie in Phoenix, and see Jasmine's dad (also a Charlie) graduate from his residency program. A very cool experience for myself, but even more so for him. In his forties he decided to make a career change from aviation mechanics to being a doctor. He is one of two graduate from U of A with an emphasis in Emergency Pediatrics. There are only three of these programs in the US so he is part of a select few very important professionals. Goes to show that making a change from something that has been common to you is doable, and rewarding. Inspirational to me I know.

Well at the end of my last post I mentioned that I was going to be talking to the AD at Castle View about becoming the new head Girl's track coach. Well, I sat down with Mr. Cordes, and everything went as I hoped so starting as of last Tuesday Coach Nack will be the head girls coach at CVHS. Mercifully, Coach Hawk has already offered to help when I get in a spot I am not accustomed to. Bless him! I also get the benefit of joining a coach that I was good friends with in college. Hopefully we will get to act in more mature ways than we did then, but I look forward to working with Coach Lancett. (pictures omitted)

Nack