6.26.2010

Track on TV



The big sports story these days seems to be the FIFA World Cup. I have been tuning in, I know. I am more of a football (American) guy, but there is a lot to like about soccer. It is, after all, the world's game.

With all that excitement, don't forget that there is plenty of track on this weekend. DVR the track and watch the World Cup live--track meets are much better when on DVR. Here is a schedule for the national championships (all times Eastern, so subtract 2 hours):


6/26/101:00 PMESPNUSA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
6/26/103:00 PMNBCUSA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
6/27/101:00 PMESPNUSA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
6/27/103:00 PMNBCUSA Outdoor Track & Field Championships



Something I'd like you to think about: in your opinion are there more people at the Colorado State Track Meet than there are at our country's national championship? I've never been there so I probably don't have the perspective of just how many people are there, but it doesn't seem like many.  How could the USATF market the sport better?


This guy frequenty posts about this topic.http://track-superfan.blogspot.com/  Pretty interesting.

Coach Nack