7.17.2010

Workout ideas


So finally I have a little time...actually I have less now than before...hmm? Oh well, maybe I have just thought of a better way to serve some athletes when I cannot dedicate my physcial presence for some workouts. Paige has been asking me for workouts and I have been scouring sources that I trust to offer her. Paige has said they are hard, which is a good sign they are working. So I will begin posting those workouts here, hopefully on a daily basis.

Their is no idea based on science in these workouts--that is the wonder of off season training. Offseason workouts are for General Physical Preparation (GPP), and a lot of times that can be a soup of things thrown together to make you aerobically and anaerobically stronger...at least that's how I'd define it presently.

So let's catch up on the workouts done so far:

Complete 2 rounds:
100 yard Sprint
80 yard Sprint
60 yard Sprint
40 yard Sprint
*rest 30 seconds between sprints.
*rest 60 seconds between rounds.
For 20 minutes:
Run 400 meters
Rest precisely the time of the previous run

Day3
Rest- 
 Do an active warm-up that puts you through a large range of motion

Now were caught up. If you're interested in these workouts, start from the beginning, or start here. Whatever. The world's your oyster...

Day4 (source USA Track & Field, USA Track & Field Coaching Manual, 1st ed. (Human Kinetics, 1999).  )
Hill Sprints
8x50-80m

I will try to be posting a workout everyday. Tomorrow, I hope, I will post a weightroom workout sheet that you can follow along with directions.

Take care.

Nack