5.10.2012

Post-First day of league

Lots of good things happened at out league meet today, but the records and data I have right now are incomplete at best so I can't give a lot of kudos and congrats right now. However, I can congratulate Christina Stathakis for being the Continental League Champion in the girls pole vault. Way to go Christina!
(Feel free to chant)
SHE'S A FRESHMAN (clap, clap, clap, clap)
SHE'S A FRESHMAN (clap, clap, clap, clap)

As for everyone else, we have another day of this business on Saturday, and we need to continue the success we had today. These days can get fast, a little hectic, and can maybe seem a little out of control. Just remember: to take a deep breath and take everything one day, one event, one throw, one jump, or even one step at a time. Do what it takes to beat your mark.

Now for something completely different...

As head coach I always get asked this, but have never had any paperwork to use to verify this, but now I have it, and it turns out I've been a little wrong. What am I talking about? Lane seeding, of course! Here is a screenshot of what lane you would run in based on what place runner you are. For example, Tanner Townsend made the finals in the boys 200m dash today, and he will be in lane 6 for that race. Using the table below we can see that he actually finished second meaning that gave him the lane the second greatest competitive advantage.


Some of these seedings are new to me (good thing I found this), because I thought on a 9 lane track (like we have at Sports Authority Stadium) that lane 5 went to the #1 runner, and lane 4 went to #2, lane 6 to #3, etc. As it turns out lane 4 only has #4, or the "4th best runner".

Learning is neat-o.

Coach Nack
Rip 'em with the teeth
   Tear 'em with the claws
      Bring in the meat wagon
GO SABERCATS