3.22.2013

Canceled: Sabercat Invitational


THE 2013 SABERCAT INVITATIONAL IS CANCELED

With the impending weather, I'm sure I'm one of the few people pained by the headline above. So much work right down the potty. Such is life. I'm glad it's over. Now my focus can move to coaching, and pursuing the goals I have with our team without the craziness of fundraising and hosting a meet. Thank heavens!

It was the temperature, along with wind that has convinced me. Today was horribly windy and tomorrow is supposed to be worse. I don't even need to see snow (which has started where I live).  I can do rain or snow, and I can do cold, but I can't do them with wind. I feel most people are the same. It's miserable.

Sooooooo, of course no one is required to be at Sports Authority Stadium (Parker) tomorrow. Athletes and parents: thank you for setting aside the time to help at this meet. I hope we can count on all of your support, and more, for next year's meet.

ON TO THE NEXT ONE:

Spring Break practices are at 9am for sprinters, jumpers, hurdlers, and throwers. Distance will start practice at 8am. I'll send a Hudl text telling you all where to meet depending on the weather. Have warm clothes.

You need a minimum of 3 practices to attend next week's Broomfield Shootout, on Sat Mar 30. This is a great meet year in and year out with top notch competition. Should be a great week to advance towards our goals.

We are now on Spring Break. If you are going on vacation, or already are, make sure you run over break. You will essentially be starting over on Mon April 1 if you make the poor choice not to. Unfortunately we cannot train you like we are starting over; we must progress. Be prepared. If you need ideas for workouts email or text me and I'll send you some kind of workout.

After Spring Break, on Wednesday April 3rd we will have a JV meet at Chaparral. It will be a good one against 5 teams, sort of a rarity in JV meets. Varsity meet back at Sports Authority for the Titan Invite on Saturday.

Thanks Castle View

Coach Nack