4.26.2016

Odds and ends for this week

FIRST AND FOREMOST


Athletes, we told you about Sam Hermanstorfer today at practice. Sam did in fact have his appendix removed. I saw the pictures, it was an angry looking organ. I'm so glad to report that Sam is doing okay, as I'm sure all of your are happy to read it. I went to the hospital, but didn't get to see him before I had to leave. I plan to stop by and see him tomorrow AM. Pass on any encouraging messages to our awesome captain @samherm19 on Twitter. 
    
If you don't know much about the appendix, or the removal of it  (which is called an appendicitis), here are some helpful links.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appendectomy
http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-appendicitis?page=2
https://www.facs.org/~/media/files/education/patient%20ed/app.ashx
This is not actually Sam. His intestines are on the inside, and he has better abs.

BAD TRANSITION OF THE YEAR:


Do you like photographs?
Dave Alexander's latest additions from our JV meet @ TRHS .  Also, check out the links from previous meets. 

Mr. Wilkins has also been hard at work snapping some pictures. Check those out here.
http://www.sabercatphotos.com/Year-201516/Track/ (Mrs. Ackerman also contributed a small handful of the ones you see here)


From the lens of Dave Alexander

From the lens of Twain Wilkins


JV MEET FOR THIS WEEK

Super important note: This meet is at Sports Authority Stadium in Parker, and not at Legend HS like our schedules say. The coach scheduled the stadium which was a surprise, but a nice one. Really nice place for our athletes to compete.
Secondary important note: There is no JV meet this Friday. This is the only one this week.
  • Meet begins at 330
  • Athletes are excused at 140
  • Bus leaves at 200
Entries for JV Championships (the color coding really means nothing. Just distinction)


VARSITY MEET FOR THIS WEEK

  • Grandview Invitational
  • Meet is at Legacy Stadium @ Cherokee Trail HS
  • Bus leaves 7am
  • No return bus
  • Do not have to ride the bus to the meet
  • Prom attendees must stay until 2pm, or through their last event - whichever comes first
  • Weather advisory: less than stellar weather expected and this stadium tends to run a little chilly as it is. Make sure you have plenty of clothes (waterproof?).
Entries


OH YEAH...

Parents, if you're reading this, congratulations for making it this far, but also I should mention something your athletes might have told you. Yesterday I announced to all of the athletes that I will not be returning to the school next year. I really did not want to tell the athletes, but I decided with my library position being posted (soon) there won't be much guessing what is happening. I wanted them to hear it directly from me, rather than second-hand from who-knows.

I have accepted a position as a Librarian at Cherry Creek High School for next year. I have no idea if I'll be coaching. I am incredibly sad to leave, but this is a positive step for me, my wife, and our (hopefully) our future family. It's been great working with your sons and daughters. It hasn't always been "fun", but I've loved it all. Thank you for all you've done for your kids and our team.



Coach Nack