4.21.2010

High Jump: For the Ladies

So I was going to have my first follow up post about nutrition and protein tonight, but that is bound to take a while and I must do grad school work. However, I did want to post something, and maaaann did I find a good one.

I did not think I was going to watch the following video all the way through, but once started I could not stop early. I love this video. I love it for different reasons: I'm a sucker for the piano (I wish more than anything for a team state championship, secondly I wish I could play the piano), I love the different techniques you see, I love the history, and I love the progression. Enjoy:


To my jumpers:
  • Notice the speed that is gained (for example, the very first jumper--Chaunte Howard Lowe...find some more of her on you tube. You will not be disappointed.)
  • Notice the lean in the curve (see all)
  • Notice how close these ladies are to knocking the bar off on each jump. (example: the still frame in the video above--looking at that would you guess she makes that jump) Ridiculous! The thing is, they know where it is, and they know they are close, but they do not let that deter them. They do not give up. And in the end they help us redefine what we think is possible.
Hope you enjoyed and learned a little,

Coach Nack