4.23.2010

Weekend cancellations



AARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Many cancellations for this weekends events:

JV meet at Gateway for Friday April 23, 2010: Canceled, no make up
Varsity at Dakota Ridge Invite for Saturday April 23, 2010:
Canceled, no make up

I guess that's just the way it goes, unfortunately. Frustrating, but Maybe it benefits us in the long run. This is a time to "rest". By rest I don't mean lay around the house pounding Gold Fish Crackers and energy drinks. What I mean by rest is getting way from competition. Sometimes I think the most stressful part of a track meet is not the events themselves, but rather the atmosphere of all those people and the competition. Week after week, that (when diet, sleep, and personal lives are out of balance) can get exhausting. We need to take this weekend to practice (potentially, stay tuned!), focus our mental efforts, sleep in, eat well, hydrate, do much needed homework, and ready ourselves for the final stretch of this season. Maybe this will turn out to be a blessing.

For parents and fans, next opportunity to watch your team get a win: Friday April 30 at Rocky Mountain High School in the Rocky Mountain Round Up. See you in FoCO! I see great things for that day.

I'll be at home trying to finish up some work for the Master's Degree, if you need me.