3.26.2011

Wait! Don't go....

You might have noticed a site redesign. How do you like it? I've been avoiding work on a big project all day now, and this was just the latest distraction. I think it was worthwhile.

Athletes, these are my hopes...
  • You have had a great spring break
  • You have trained a minimum of 3 times over break (3 times for a C, 5 times for a B, times for an A)
  • You are ready for a good, but hard team practice on Monday
  • You are ready for the next 8 weeks (includes State Championships), as they will: go quickly, be difficult, be fun yet trying, be successful, and be fulfilling
  • You have your envelopes addressed and ready to turn in on Monday at practice
On a personal note: today we said goodbye to our Japanese exchange teacher, Naoko Fukuda. Jasmine (my sweet lady) and I were very sad to see her go. Though, taking this responsibility added some stress, and took  time away from other things (work, school, track, etc), it was definitely the best decision I have made in a while. I love nothing more than traveling, but this was the next best thing. Naoko constantly surprised us with her sense of humor, composure, integrity, dignity, and manners (manners are so overlooked sometimes that the addition of them in this list seems silly, but every culture is different in their approach to manners--based on this visit I would say the Japanese have it right). We will miss her, and we are hoping for her, her students', and families safety upon return to Hachinohe, Aomori prefecture, Japan.

Naoko's calligraphy: "Loyalty"